Wednesday, 21 June 2017

You Shaved All Your Long Healthy Hair Off?!? WHYY!!!!

So yes I've done it. As of June 5th I am now your resident bald blogger... that's right bald.
Many of you maybe confused for many reasons and probably asking yourself questions along the lines of 'She ghosts the blogging world for a year and this happened!', 'Am I meant to know who she is' and lastly 'Why Kiera Why?!?'. Well the answers to your riveting questions that I have just imagined up to myself are yeah kinda, nah not really and okay let me explain.

 My hair was bra strap length in 2016

This was taken before I straightened my hair in the previous photo... shrinkage!

Day after I shaved my head, I wasn't receding its the filter i promise

So I shaved all my for many reasons, I don't think one person can make such a drastic decision based on solely one reason. My first important reason was due to the worlds irritating fixation on hair especially towards women. Now I promise this isn't going to be a huge feminist rant but it does play a significant role as to why I did the chop. Now in the social media loving society we live in people have started to become more and more judgmental, setting standards for people they have never met and for what cause? In todays day and age if you don't have a big booty, cleavage or long flowing locks than your not desirable, well now I don't have any of the above so what does that make me? Am I less of a woman because I have no hair? Why? My face is still the same, my personality is still the same, my intellect is still the same so why all of a sudden has my worth gone down? Why does something as insignificant as dead follicles on top of my head have such a drastic impact in my value as a person. I just don't get it. So I shaved it all off to prove that I am more than my hair.

Cut my hair 1 month before shaving it off


Another reason as to why I shaved it all off ( a less dramatic reason haha) is because I thought it would be interesting to see my hair grow from nothing to something. I thought it would be such an amazing experience to see my hair's weekly progress and change my style accordingly whether it be hair style or with my makeup and fashion. Before I shaved my hair I don't think I appreciated my hair enough, when I started my natural hair journey yes I experimented with different styles however I didn't get as excited by it like I do now. The feeling I get every week when I see growth is indescribable, so in order to convey my new found excitement I thought I would document it like a little hair diary showing my hair progress monthly on my blog and weekly on my YouTube channel. In my hair diary I will be testing out different growth techniques and seeing if they actually work, I will also be doing style videos and showing how my look is changing depending on my growth stage etc.I don't think I've ever been so excited by a project haha


Taken 1 week after shaving my hair off

If you want to know more information about my experience cutting my hair (personal thoughts, barber experience) as well as channel plans then watch my video all about it below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for weekly content and follow my blog on Bloglovin for monthly growth updates.


BABYDOLL
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS