Saturday, 12 September 2015

Theatrical Month: Minnie Mouse

Theatrical Month continues with this Minnie Mouse look. With this look I took some influence from 40's pin up by adding wing liner and a beauty spot to make it a little different plus I added some freckles to make it even cuter. I love how it turned out, I think this is one of my favourite looks I have done and I had so much fun creating it.


HOW DID I DO IT:

As I planned to keep the eyes fairly simple I decided to work on my face first. I applied quite a lot of contour on the sides of my nose, under my cheek bones and on my temples to replicate Minnie Mouse's black and white contrast, make sure that you blend it through don't make it patchy. I then proceeded to apply my blush along my cheek bones and on the apples of my cheeks and then excessively highlighted the tops of my cheek bones and down the bridge of my nose.
I used a dark brown eyeshadow and a liner brush to apply my faux freckles, I then patted them down using my finger to make them look a little more natural.
For my eyes I used a brown eyeshadow to contour the outer crease and then applied a light shimmer to the lids to make them stand out a bit, I added my wing liner, white eyeliner on the outer waterline and mascara on both the top and bottom lashes.
Lastly I did my brows as normal, used black eyeliner to apply my little nose and added my red lipstick. Elements you need to consider if you want to look like Minnie mouse are the black nose, black eyeliner, long lashes and red lipstick. This is just talking makeup wise not in terms of costume.







Mascara:  Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara
Black Liner + Beauty Spot: Collection Extreme 24 hour Felt Tip Liner (Black)
White LinerNYX Slim Eye Liner Pencil (White Pearl)
Lipstick: MUA Lipstick (Shade 10)
Lipliner: Essence Lipliner (Femme Fatale)
Brown Shadow in crease + Faux FrecklesSleek Eye Shadow Palette I Divine (Ultra Mattes V2)
Contour and Highlight: Sleek Contour Kit (medium)
Blush: Chantecaille Blush (Thrill)
Brows: Sleek Brow Kit (Dark 818)
Shimmer Eyeshadow on lid : Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (Bootycall)

I hope you liked this look, if you want to re-create it tag me I would love to see :)

Question of the day:
What theatrical look would you like to see next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS