Saturday, 18 April 2015

My MUA Lipstick Collection

If you have seen a lot of my posts you will know that I am obsessed with MUA products, their quality is so good and they are super affordable. As you also may know I love lipsticks my collection of lipsticks continue to grow on a weekly bases and I think I have actual problem haha. So I thought I would combine both of my loves to form the most exciting post of all time haha (well for me anyway).

As I said before MUA's quality is really good however as with most brands their lipstick formula does vary with colour, some are creamier than others, some have more of a wet consistency that needs a liner underneath. So I thought I would go through my collection and review each of the MUA lipsticks that I own and also let you see what they look like without lip liners so you can see the true pigmentation. MUA lipsticks cost only a mere £1 so it is very easy to just go into Superdrugs just to to look and then come out with 10 new lipsticks haha.





SHADE 1
Shade 1 is a rich red colour that is perfect if you want that sophisticated look when going out. I love the colour, I love the creamy lipstick formula that it has, its just perfect. It lasts a long time but I always put a MUA lip liner underneath all of my the colourful lipsticks on my day to day just to make sure that it lasts all day through eating.






SHADE 6
Shade 6 is a shimmery light pink colour with a creamy formula. I like to use this as a highlight in the center of my lips for my other light pink lipsticks just because I am not really a fan of shimmery/ sparkly all over lips but I do love the shine that it does give. 






SHADE 10
Shade 10 is a glossy terracotta brown colour which has a wet constancy. I love this colour so much I have gone through 2 of these since last year as I used to wear it like everyday. This enhances your natural lip colour to make it more rich and amazing. You could use it on top of a lip liner if you want but I don't because it looks more natural that way which is what I like to go for with this colour however if you want it to be more of a rich reddy brown then put a brown lip liner underneath and will give you that statement colour. On its own it lasts me a couple hours before I need to re apply but that is due to that wet constancy.






SHADE 11
Shade 11 is new to my lipstick family and I love it so much. It is a apricoty nude colour with a creamy consistency. I love wearing peachy/ pinky lip colours in the spring and summer as it looks so great with a tan. This lasts me about 4 hours before needing to re apply (with eating) and that is the same with all the creamy MUA lipsticks. Again you could put a lip liner underneath to give that 'I am wearing a lipstick' look haha but I just like to wear this on its own.






SHADE 13
Shade 13 is a bright red with a creamy consistency.  This is my favourite red lipstick I own there is no flaws to this lipstick is goes on beautifully and easily, I have had no problems with it at all. As I said before with bold colours I like to wear lip liners with them on a day to day bases because it makes them last all day through eating and talking and I don't need to worry about it, I usually use MUA lip liners with them and they are just a £1 as well.






RAVEN
MUA has recently started naming their newly released lipsticks one of the colours they released is a black which I was so happy for as that was the time of the whole black lipstick craze. When I got home and tried it on it had a wet glossy consistency which I have had in the past their shade 10 which I was completely fine for that colour because it was a neutral colour  and I used it mainly to enhance my natural lip colour however with such a dark colour I feel like it needs that creamy consistency to give you confidence that it wont move easily. Raven is a glossy black so it does look really nice on top of a black lip liner if you were looking for that glossy black lip look but I just personally prefer my black lip to be matte. 








FAWN FANCY

This is one of there newer lipsticks from there matte lipstick range (not matte lip lacquer) and I thought I would get one just to test out the formula, see if I like it but I really did not. It is not the same as their other creamy lipsticks in terms of consistency, it seemed to extenuate all of of my lips natural ridges, ended up looking very powdery which you can't really see in the pictures but it was just not working for me at all which is a shame because I love their original lipsticks but now I know do not buy their matte lipsticks just their matte lip lacquers.





And that is it, my whole MUA lipstick collection, all of my thoughts and feelings towards each one all in one place. The vast majority of their lipsticks have that creamy consistancy but as I said before with most brands their is always going to be certain colours with a better or worse formulation then others but at least with MUA if you don't like a formulation you have only lost out on a pound. 

I hope you liked this post, tell me any suggestions on what you want to see on my blog or what you want to me to continue doing in the comments and also tell me what is your favourite MUA lipstick?

12 comments:

  1. Lovely shades!

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many pretty shades! I agree with you about the black lipstick thing. I think black lipstick looks the best as a matte lipstick to be honest. I think with creamy black lipsticks the pigmentation can be a bit off/not as pigmented as you would need it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors. I do not know why, but I am always fascinated by black lipsticks. :-)
    Have a nice Saturday... circleofchaos.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely can relate with the lipstick addiction! All the shades are really pretty and look gorgeous on you. MUA have done good, shame about the matte one though x

    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is very hard to get that perfect black lipstick so I wasn't too surprised that Raven's formulation and finish wasn't to my taste however for the price of a pound I am not complaining too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same :) I love the way they look so edgy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing in Raven and shade 1!! :) x

    http://thatcurlyygirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got such a huge lipstick collection! Love these shades, however Raven looks super scary, wish I could pull this off as good as you! :P x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lipstick is one of my favourite things to collect too! I can't believe how cheap these lipsticks are and they seem like such good quality too. Thanks for writing this post, I'll be buying a few new lipsticks soon haha xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous collection of lipsticks, You really can wear all sorts of colours, so pretty!

    Much love xxx

    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love red on you!! You pull off black lipstick just as easily :) Great post!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS